Green Street Homes, LLC is the leading Energy Star Builder in St. Petersburg. Green Street Homes focuses on developing new homes on infill lots in quality established neighborhoods in and around the downtown St. Petersburg area. Quality in design and construction has been delivered on every home Green Street Home has completed. The Energy Star certification qualifies the efficiency and overall energy savings and cost per year, but it also certifies the home was built and tested to the highest standards in construction and design.
The Energy Star Difference!
Many builders may say they build energy-efficient homes, but only a few take the additional steps to ensure their homes meet the most current and stringent requirements of ENERGY STAR®. Every Green Street Home is designed, built and is tested to ENERGY STAR Standards, and receives an individual ENERGY STAR certification. This means your new home will conserve energy and reduce cost year after year! Energy Star features include:
- Highly Efficient HVAC system
- Low E Insulated Window and Doors
- Reflective roofing system
- Exterior envelope tested and inspected for water proofing
- Low VOC Paints
- LED Lighting
- Tank-less Hot Water Heaters.
- Gas Range.
- Energy Star blower door testing on every unit.
Smart Features Included
Your new Home at Skye 333 will include Smart Home Features that enhance your lifestyle by adding the features that matter the most:
- Smart Lock for your front door, controlled by an APP that you can easily open your front door from the upstairs or around the world.
- Garage Door opener with APP and Battery backup. This Smart Features will enable your garage door to open if power is down by utilizing its battery backup. The system also enables you to operate from anywhere using the App for delivers and or guests arrival.
- Smart Thermostat. This feature enables you to adjust your setting anytime anywhere. Fully programmable and a snap to use.
- “Ring” Doorbell enables you to see who is at your front door and communicate to them from your roof top deck or at the office from your APP.
James Brown, Partner – Green Street Homes
James grew up in a family of development and construction. He remembers at age 5 going his father’s construction sites who was a developer of single family homes and apartment communities in Cincinnati Ohio.
James received his degree from Xavier University in Cincinnati and has been working in design and construction for most of his adult life. His experience is diverse. For the last 4 years his focus has been 100% on developing and building in the City of St. Petersburg Florida, building over 25 homes in the last several years and creating value for years to come because all of their homes have been built to the highest standards in some of St. Petersburg’s finest neighborhoods. James is a LEED AP and has worked on certifying projects in Florida and NYC with the USGBC. He and his wife of 27 years have 10 children!
Chuck Knight, Partner – Green Street Homes
Chuck graduated from Auburn University with a Bachelor of Architecture degree in 1989. He was the first hire of a start-up architectural firm in Atlanta – Lyman Davidson Dooley, Inc. After receiving his architectural license in 1996, he was promoted to partner upon opening a branch office in Tampa where he was in charge of all facets of the operation from business development, architectural design, human resources client relations and management. The Tampa office expanded to 20 employees by serving local and regional developer clients. His office earned the AIA Tampabay Firm Award in 2003 for outstanding service to the architectural profession. Also in 2003 they received the Merit Award, Commercial Category. In 2008 he left his architectural career to pursue other self-employment opportunities before teaming up with Jim Brown to start Green Street Homes, LLC. Shortly after, he earned his Real Estate License to assist on the growth and success of Green Street Homes, LLC.